Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rohitMe
Advocate I
Advocate I

Best Map Visualisation to use

Hi Everyone

I want to show some sales related info to my client. I have the following data:

-Sales of products

-list of cities where sales are made

-Sales of each product in each city

I want to know which will be the best map visual that I can use to show the following analysis:

-Sales city wise(Showing which city has the best sales)

-Sales of each product city wise(showing which city has the best sales for that product)

-Sales of every product city wise(Showing a comparison of every product sold for every city)

Do post the images of the visualisations.

Note: There are more than 100 products so the maps showing comparison don't show the values clearly they get all mixed up.

Thanks and regards

Rohit 

3 REPLIES 3
bullius
Helper V
Helper V

Without playing with your data, I would say you could possibly map total sales per city, then filter by product using a slicer.

For your third requirement, do you want to know which city is selling the most/least of a certain product or which products are selling the most in a certain city? These would be two different visuals and your probably best going down the bar/column chart approach. You could try a tree map, but its likely to be too busy. You could also exprimement with TopN filtering to decease the clutter.

Just some thoughts. 

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Rohit,

I don't think the Map is good for comparison. It's a personal opinion. Because it's hard to judge which bubble is bigger.

Best_Map_Visualisation_to_use

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have obsereved that problem that is why I am asking for suggestion for which kind of visual can I use in my analysis. Also do tell me from where can I download new custom visualisations other than the "Import from marketplace" option in power bi

Thanks and Regards

Rohit

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.