Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joep78
Helper III
Helper III

Benchmark with line value based on slicer selection

Hi all,

I'm looking for a solution for benchmarking sustainability data, best way to explain my issue is via a image:

PBI - benchmark example 1.png

The data set I've created is ofcourse a simple extraction of how the real data look likes. 

What I want to reach is the RED line, this line should be the value as shown in the table next to it. This is based on the filtered City via filter 'Benchmark reference'. This filter has no interaction with the other visual, same counts for the 'Relevant cities' filter, this has no interaction with the left visual. I thought that doing that, creating a measure, this will solve my puzzle but because of the missing interaction, no values are shown. Having interaction also results in failure. 

How should I approach this, I Want to be able to have a dynamic benchmark option but can't figure out how to solve this.

Hopefully somebody can help me out with this, thanks already for your attention!

Regards,

Joep 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joep78 ,

According to your description, the dynamic baseline may change dynamically depending on the slicer.

vhenrykmstf_0-1634627329735.png

If you use the tooltip function and add the measure in, the display is not intuitive. Therefore, we suggest to set the baseline manually by putting the sum value corresponding to the city selected in the slicer into the card, and set the baseline manually in Analytics->Constant line according to the card.

The reference is as follows:

vhenrykmstf_1-1634627426621.png

vhenrykmstf_2-1634627463612.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joep78 ,

According to your description, the dynamic baseline may change dynamically depending on the slicer.

vhenrykmstf_0-1634627329735.png

If you use the tooltip function and add the measure in, the display is not intuitive. Therefore, we suggest to set the baseline manually by putting the sum value corresponding to the city selected in the slicer into the card, and set the baseline manually in Analytics->Constant line according to the card.

The reference is as follows:

vhenrykmstf_1-1634627426621.png

vhenrykmstf_2-1634627463612.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@joep78 , are you creating a measure like below for benchmark ?

Calculate([Measure], allselected(Table) )

With interactions on

if this does not help

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

 Hi Amir,

I did not get the result I wanted but I can share the file with you: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApmuagLsUpWxqiGCpxbnKS-SU68g?e=BEC0ku

If you are able to solve this puzzle will save me a lot of time! Thanks already for your action!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.