Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SharonHMA
Helper I
Helper I

Being signed out on publish on newest version desktop

I recently downloaded the newest version of PowerBI.  

Now when I publish I am being asked to sign in even though I already was.  The signin box pops up but you can't fill it in because powerBI says it's 'working'. Only solution is to use the task manager to close PowerBI and use auto recovery if you haven't saved first which is annoying. Re-open, sign-in & save then you can publish.

I've checked at the top right before hitting publish and it says my name so I should be signed in. This happens after you have been working for a while. If you sign in, publish immediately all is fine.  Never had this problem before.

This is happening on two different PC's, both updated.

Is anyone experiencing a similar issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SharonHMA @ShaneC @Anonymous,

A new version of Power BI Desktop has been released, please download it from the following link, and the issue should be fixed in this version.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks, did a quick test and the issues seems to be resolved.

Regards

Shane

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm now getting a similar error/problem with the latest version, all other Office Apps are working fine, it's just Power BI and my administrator can't find anything wrong. This only signs me out when I try to publish and I can't sign in again without a reboot:

Error

An error occurred
An error occurred. Contact your administrator for more information.

Error details
  • Activity ID: 4ea02e47-645f-4f1a-8ed3-96af5fc4bb07
  • Relying party: Microsoft Office 365 Identity Platform
  • Error time: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 12:28:53 GMT
  • Cookie: enabled
  • User agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

I start off logged into my Office account and as soon as I publish, it generates this error. The only fix seems to be a reboot of the laptop, after which I can login fine for an hour or two before this happens again. There's no way to send a frown on this screen.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

A new version of Power BI Desktop has been released, please download it from the following link, and the issue should be fixed in this version.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, did a quick test and the issues seems to be resolved.

Regards

Shane

Yes everything is working!  Wonderful thanks.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

We have reported the issue internally. I will post back once I get any updates.

You can also check the following similar issues.
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Publish-Report-Error-if-Not-Signed-In/idi-p/113197
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Desktop-January-2017-Login-popup-blocked/idi-p/113292

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Thanks Lydia - I'm sure it will get fixed in the next update.  Still loving PowerBI 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

aaahhh yes!  It is horrible since when I go to publish it then hangs and i have to Ctrl+alt+Delete.  The good news is that it does SAVE when it gets hung.  It is trying to publish, but then in the background it requests my sign in, but it wont let me click on that window since it things it is publishing.  Some sort of logic error.

I get the same error. Even when I am signed in. To get around this issue...

1. I first logout

2. Then login again

3. Then publish

But still, very frustrating!!!

Smiley Frustrated

Shane

Yes. It's been happening to me for days now.  You can publish a few times in a row, but if you don't publish for about 30 minutes it seems to sign you out. My solution is to close & resign in before publishing if I've been working in desktop for a while.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

Hey @SharonHMA,

Thanks for posting this, infect I expereience this today after most recent upgrade, I cannot say if that is an issue becuase I came across this one but it is for sure was never an issue before. Also to resolve, I did exactly what you mentioned.

Let's what others have to say. Also I will keep posted in case I expereience the issue again.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.