Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

karnzo
Regular Visitor

Beginner question - formatting graph axis

I have read several answered questions in the the forums and can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for.  I am fairly new to Power BI so I am still in the learning phase.  I am trying to display a simple stacked bar chart using the following data:

Code         Duration

H0036        20

H0036        17

H2019        15

H0036        45

H2019        30

My data (from an excel spreadsheet) is over 20k rows of similar data.  I was able to create a bar chart (see below) that groups it by the "Code" column and "Duration" column, however it displays the sum of the total number of the duration column per code.  What I need to show on the X axis is the this total number divided by 60 (the duration stands for minutes, so I would like to display this as total hours and not total minutes).  I have tried measures and calculated formulas and I either I'm not understanding the syntax or how this is supposed to work. 

Capture.JPG

In summary, I basically need to customize the X axis to show this number in total hours.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @karnzo

It sounds like a calculated measure should work, if I understand your post.

Something like

Hours = SUM('table1'[Duration] ) / 60

and then drag this measure to the values area of your chart in place of the field.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @karnzo

It sounds like a calculated measure should work, if I understand your post.

Something like

Hours = SUM('table1'[Duration] ) / 60

and then drag this measure to the values area of your chart in place of the field.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.