Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Be able to Manage View Relationships

Good!

I have detected that when we create a new report based on a dataset already published in Power BI service, in the "Modeling" section the "Manage relationships" functionality is disabled.

I do not find it sense, since it should be possible to manage the relationships between the visualizations, it has nothing to do with the data set right?

gerardcanals_0-1632305297777.png

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hello

I understand the answer. That is, I need them to be able to manage the filtering relationships between the different visualizations of the report.

I have consulted the link you have shared, but they only comment that the modeling menu is disabled.

Could you tell me how to propose an improvement in power BI for that topic? I think it really is something basic that should be able to be done.

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin 

Yes, you can do it by using edit interactions feature in powerbi desktop.

vjaneygmsft_0-1632720689827.png

Like this:

9.27.gif

Reference:

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

A okay,

Now I see you don't realy get my problem. As you can se on the first pic I send, the option you are showing on the video it's not available when I'm connected to datasets in the power BI service from power BI desktop, thats my problem. My usuers will always create a report using datasets from power bi service and here its de problem.

gerardcanals_0-1632725537725.png

There is any place where I can report this problem as an improving pont for next versions or power BI?

@Syndicate_Admin  

If you are using the live connection mode, you cannot build the column and table by yourself. You need to plan everything when modeling.

If you want to use edit interaction feature, you need to click on the visual first, then it will appear format feature in the homepage.

After my test, I don't find the problem. Can you show the screenshot that can't use Edit interaction?

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

O sorry.... I got confused... Now I see it...

Sorry for losing you time. And thankyou for your help.

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin 

Some features need to be clicked on Visual or column field before they appear. 😁

If there is no problem,Can you mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.