Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Landyn_Neumann

Baselining Projects from a Static List while Pulling Live Data

The task at hand is that I'm pulling a list of Projects that are due to end within 3Q of this year. I keep this list static within Power BI in a table and it is pulled at the beginning of the quarter. The data elements I have are Project Name, Finish Month, and Current Status. On a seperate table, I pull live data from a seperate source that is routinely updated (The data elements for that include Project Name, Finish Month, and Current Status).

Project Name - exclusive name captured in our database, I'm using this to link both tables

Finish Month - includes the actual finish date, but we filter off of month

Current Status - Current status of project (Active, Closed, Cancelled)

The task I have is to show Active/Closed Projects by month on a stacked column chart. On this same chart, I have to show the baseline of Finish Dates from the static list. 

The chart elements are as follows:

Axis - Finish Date (by month)

Legend - Project Status (from the live updated list)

Values - Count of Projects

The problem I'm having is for graphing the baseline, it is simply calculating the total number of Projects shown, instead of the actual baseline Finish Dates from the static list. No matter what I've done, it only sums up the projects shown on the graph, and doesn't graph the static baseline.

Any help is appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
memepu
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Landyn_Neumann ,

It is so strange. Could you please provide your pbix file without privacy innformation and your desired output? I cannot understand your meaning correctly.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.