Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hari_bi
Helper I
Helper I

Based on Reporting Moth need to get same month of fiscal year months cover value as new column?

Hello All,

Thank you for your help to get last month value.

Small update on the same requirement , Please find the below tabale:

Index match.PNG

Now i have one more column "Reporting Month" added newly.

If Reporting Moth = Dec-17 , i need to search that "Dec-17" in Fiscal Month Column first then what ever the value for that month in "Months Cover" column ,  i need display the same value as new column.

For searching the months we have MonthID as well as DateID cloumn also.

Here i am sharing my PBI file for the same , present in PBI file data not available.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nnw8mj12d3e2xj0/Month%20Match.pbix?dl=0

Thank you.

Hari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @hari_bi,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hari_bi,

Based on the picture you shared, I made a sample here. We need to create a calculated column using the formula.

Column = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Months Cover]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),Table1[Fiscal Month]=MAX(Table1[Reporting Month])))

Then we can get the result as we need.

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kh5grvrhepxx3yb/Based%20on%20Reporting%20Moth%20need.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank,

Thank you sio much for your help in DAX.

Small query on the same , if i have 2 year data in my report only one match i have but this measure dispalys the same vales to my entire data.

My Question is how to restict this by Year wise.

If year 2018 any month matches will display the values other wise will display the blank values.

Can you help me on this .

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Hari.

Hi @hari_bi,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,

Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.