Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

teresab123
Frequent Visitor

Base Map visual not displaying on report page

Hello!
I'm having an issue with the base map visual that appears to be misbehaving - it doesn't display any location/value combination even though I have tried several times in the file (deleted and re-added visual to page). I also noticed that some other people have had this issue and I have made sure that my PBI desktop is updated to the latest release -  I uninstalled the Sept 2021 release and then installed the October 2021 version. I tried the October 2021 release and again no success
Version:

teresab123_0-1634848588166.png

I also saw in my Pro account that I needed to update my personal on-premises gateway application - which I did.
After that, I then re-opened my PBIX file, removed the map visual, dragged it back onto the page and tried it again. No success.
I'm simply at a lost as to how to get this damned visual to work. If I use the basic ESRI map (I don't have a account with ESRI/ArcGIS but do use the basic features within Desktop for certain mapping requests), then I can get my data to work/visualize. But for this instance, I need to follow the class project rules and use this specific visual.

any advice or help would be very helpful !!

thanks -
Teresa B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@teresab123 , there few issues reported in Sep2021, Oct2021. Check if your issue is there with some workaround

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@teresab123 , there few issues reported in Sep2021, Oct2021. Check if your issue is there with some workaround

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

HI Amitchandak, thanks for the pointer. I do see a few entries tied to the map visuals so I will repost my information there. I don't see any resolution as yet from the few entries I have read (seems it works for some and not work for others). But maybe someone will figure it out. I cant' get it to work for my class assignment so I will have to figure out an alternative solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.