Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

germanobasler
Helper I
Helper I

Bars pile up to whole year

Good afternoon dear folks!

I am struggling with a business need here. I think it is a database config-issue.

Basically, I am trying to project the opex costs until the end of the Year. The logic is: If I schedule a big expense for the next month (Junhe), I´d like it to repeat itself monthly in the bar chart until the end of 2017, as the goal is to keep the budget under XXX $ by December 2017.

So it is an "accumulated" bar chart montly during the year. So I can see the impact in the budget in the December bar.

Does anyone figure something out to make this view easy?

best regards,

Germano Basler

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @germanobasler,

>>I think it is a database config-issue.

We can not config your database by Power BI desktop. The only you can do is filter the data when you import the data from databse through Power Quey or SQL statement if your database is SQL Server database.

In addition, you want to calculate the cumulative total. Please create a measure using the formula. More details about cumulative total, please refer to this article.

Cumulative Expense :=
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Table[Expense] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Date'[Date] ),
        'Date'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Date] )
    )
)

If this is not what you want, please share your sample data, and list the expected result.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.