Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lobojo
Helper I
Helper I

Barchart with aggregation

Hi,

in Excel I was able, from a simple file with 2 levels, to create a bar chart were one of the levels were aggregated, using a Pivot table please see example below.

Is there any chance to do that in power BI? I was not able to reproduce it

Lobojo_0-1654591677391.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Lobojo 

You need go to the "Format" pane of the "clustered column chart" and turn off the option "Concatenate labels".

veasonfmsft_0-1655191661005.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Lobojo 

You need go to the "Format" pane of the "clustered column chart" and turn off the option "Concatenate labels".

veasonfmsft_0-1655191661005.png

Best Regards,

@v-easonf-msft  I tried to do the same as you mentioned in your snapshot. Could you please tell me why doesn't it work with May 2022 version of Power BI desktop? Am I missing something here ?

ghoshabhijeet_1-1655239658796.png

Hi, @ghoshabhijeet 

You need to expand all down one level in the hierarchy.

veasonfmsft_1-1655256881104.png

Best Regards,

Thanks a lot, it worked with a stacked column graph but not with another stacked column (nothing happened). You possibly know why? They are quite the same type of visual, I don't know if there is any element that prevent the usage of this feature

Hi, @Lobojo 

This has something to do with the ordering of the fields you add on your axis.

For example:

veasonfmsft_0-1655196038834.png

Best Regards,

Very strange, it doesn't work either changing the order. Let me try to do few test.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Lobojo  I would then suggest you to use the Drill Down feature. You can keep the chart to the top most value in X-Axis. When the user would like to see the values under it, they may drill down and see Action values for the respective Function.

Snapshot below:

1. Initially your chart would be at the top level

ghoshabhijeet_0-1654617138216.png

2. If the user wants to drill down, they need to select the highlighted button and drill down on their respective Function

ghoshabhijeet_1-1654617220832.png

ghoshabhijeet_2-1654617233396.png

Hope this solution works for you.

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

Thanks, but this not what I was looking for. I need a full overview, not function by function. Anyway thanks a lot for your time.

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Lobojo   Thanks for sharing your query.

In Power BI we don't have the option to show the groupings in the X-Axis like you have done in excel. However, you can achive something like this. Hope this works for you.

ghoshabhijeet_0-1654592863098.png

To achieve this:

1. You can put the Function and Action on the X-Axis and Budget on the Y-Axis

2. Click on the highlighted button on the chart

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

Thanks but my request was to "group" the text of "function" because in my real database the names of function and action are very long and cannot be cut. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.