Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ck8485
Frequent Visitor

Bar charts not updating for March month with new data but is for April

I update my excel sheet with new data everyday and I go to power bi desktop and refresh the data. Usually this works, but recently when I try to update the file only the cards update. The bar charts don't update for the March 2022 values and the rest of the charts reflect that their hasn't been a change yet. I would like to know what is wrong and if there is anything I can do to fix it.

Screenshot 2022-04-08 172144.png

When I click on a filter for one of our partners (not shown here for privacy reasons) it shows that for March the volume is 14 but it should be around 200. The number for April is correct, but March isn't. Is there a cap on the amount that can be shown at once for a graph?

The data is updated on power bi, but I need to click on edit queries in order to see all of the data. Even when I have to use edit queries to see the data, I'm still able to update the April data and not the March data.

Screenshot 2022-04-08 172317.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry for the late reply. For me I just had to go back into the excel file and add to a column that I left blank. Once I filled it with the proper values, it showed up. There are filters in my dashboard that only allow the rows to show up when that specific column is filled.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ck8485 ,

Do you have certain filters applied? please click Restore to Default to try. 

vkkfmsft_0-1649659477243.png

Or open Power Query Editor in Desktop and please check if the imported data is updated correctly. If the underlying data is updated, then please check that your inter-table relationships and applied filters are correct.

Best Regards,
Winniz

I've checked all of the filters in the query and there are none that would effect the appearance of the March data. It's all there when I open up the query. It's when I exit that the data no longer appears. But, when I click the filter function in the data tab on the date column, the data is available as an option and it displays. But the March data on the bar chart is still not reflecting the appearance of the data.

Choosing the filter in the data tabChoosing the filter in the data tabThe filtered result in the data tabThe filtered result in the data tab

Hi @ck8485 ,

Sorry for the late reply. If the data is showing correctly in Desktop and not showing on Service for March, please delete the dataset on Service and republish it.

If it doesn't show up in Desktop either, could you please share your PBIX file that doesn't contain sensitive data?

Best Regards,
Winniz

I figured out the answer, but thanks for your help. I reuploaded the dataset.

You could share the solution, because something similar is happening to me.

Sorry for the late reply. For me I just had to go back into the excel file and add to a column that I left blank. Once I filled it with the proper values, it showed up. There are filters in my dashboard that only allow the rows to show up when that specific column is filled.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.