Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gus99
Frequent Visitor

Bar chart with whiskers

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to create a chart like this in Power BI, where there are whiskers at the end of the bar to show upper limit and lower limit values? I was looking through some custom visuals, but didnt find something that will do that.

Gus99_0-1653537981056.png

Thank you,

-Gus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gus99
Frequent Visitor

The easiest solution I found was to use a line and stacked column chart, adding my 2 values on the line y-axis, and removing the horizontal connecting line between the points as below (you would normally have 2 parallel lines). I will probably just add the missing vertical line between the 2 points on each bar in PowerPoint if needed.

Gus99_1-1653623143388.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gus99
Frequent Visitor

The easiest solution I found was to use a line and stacked column chart, adding my 2 values on the line y-axis, and removing the horizontal connecting line between the points as below (you would normally have 2 parallel lines). I will probably just add the missing vertical line between the 2 points on each bar in PowerPoint if needed.

Gus99_1-1653623143388.png

Gus99
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @dhruvinushah, I will check it out.

dhruvinushah
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Gus99 , 
I think this can be done with the help of Deneb custom visuals. 
Check out the Hoosier BI youtube channel for more help on the same, I think I remember seeing some customization like that on their channel. 
Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.