Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar chart - how do you change value from billions til millions?

Hi,

The bar charts says 0,22 and 0,25 billions and I want it to show 220 and 250 millions instead. If it was a KPI, I could change it under indicator, but that isn't possible, when its a bar chart, unfortunately. 

Best regards Jonas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you click on the formatting paintbrush on your visual, you can select either the axis or the data labels and amend the display units from there

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sadapa07
Frequent Visitor

Click on your Visual -> Go to Paint Brush -> select Axis (X-axis or Y-axis) -> select the drop down of Display option and change from Billions to Millions.

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you click on the formatting paintbrush on your visual, you can select either the axis or the data labels and amend the display units from there

Is it possible to set this feature dynamically? I mean, depending on a slicer, show values in the graph as millions or billions. I've seen that, if I use the FORMAT function, it automatically converts the measure into a TEXT, so the graph does not recognise it as a value.

This is a clear decription of PowerBI's frustrating limit regarding dynamic detail labels on charts. I am amazed there isn't a way to control the number formatting dynamically on chart labels, and I hope we can request this to Microsoft?

Strange that the question has been marked as solved when it hasn't 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.