Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Bar chart help for latest quarter selection

Hi Team,

Hope all are doing well.

Need small help, I have a data with 3 columns FiscalYear,Generation,Value and in that I have future dates data. But i want to highlight the latest quarter data in bar chart and rest of others are dark color. This activity need to be done dynamically, Ex:- Currenctly the quarter is FY22-Q3 (Oct-Dec), In Jan automatically it will change the bar in visual and it needs to highlight FY22-Q4.

Thank you in advance.

@venal 

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You could write a measure to detect if it is not the current quarter and provide an override dark color, but you would then have to provide color values for each generation in the current quarter (with a hard-code list of colors).  Alternatively, you could provide a hard-coded list of colors for each generations and change the transparency value based on whether it is the current quarter or not (e.g., #118DFF50 vs #118DFF).

Or you could use the Charticulator visual where you could dynamically set the Opacity of the fill color based on if it is the current quarter or not.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

venal_0-1634901052503.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.