Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ManuClaessens
Regular Visitor

Bar chart filter based on values selected in 2 different tables.

All,

I'm sure my questions is extremely basic, but I can't seem to find the right keywords to lookup the answer online, which is why I'm starting a new thread.

What I'm looking for is to have a bart chart that shows the data filtered based on the selection I made in two different tables.

Concretely, I have two tables and 1 bar chart:

Table 1. Customer + Turnover by customer

Table 2. (Filtered on which customer is selected in table 1) Categories of the customer + Turnover by category at that customer

And 1 bar chart, which should show the segments of each category at that customer (adapting based on selection of table 2).

As such, when I click on Customer 'A' in the first table, the data correctly filters in table 2 to that customer due to the interaction from table 1 filtering table 2.

However, when I afterwards click on a category in table 2, the bar chart does not show the turnover by segment for customer A. Instead, it seems to deselect the customer I selected in table 1 (even though there is no interaction) and by deselecting it goes back to default state of selecting all customers. As a result, the bar chart does not show the turnover by segment by category for customer A, but rather shows the turnover by segment by category for ALL customers.

Can't seem to fix it with interactions, so was hoping someone could help.

Thanks!

Manu

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ManuClaessens,

I'm still a little confused about your scenario. 

Is your table 2 a calculated table by dax formula?

If it is convenient, could you share some data sample or some screenshots so that I can understand your scenario better and get the solution.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ManuClaessens
Regular Visitor

All,

I'm sure my questions is extremely basic, but I can't seem to find the right keywords to lookup the answer online, which is why I'm starting a new thread.

What I'm looking for is to have a bart chart that shows the data filtered based on the selection I made in two different tables.

Concretely, I have two tables and 1 bar chart:

Table 1. Customer + Turnover by customer

Table 2. (Filtered on which customer is selected in table 1) Categories of the customer + Turnover by category at that customer

And 1 bar chart, which should show the segments of each category at that customer (adapting based on selection of table 2).

As such, when I click on Customer 'A' in the first table, the data correctly filters in table 2 to that customer due to the interaction from table 1 filtering table 2.

However, when I afterwards click on a category in table 2, the bar chart does not show the turnover by segment for customer A. Instead, it seems to deselect the customer I selected in table 1 (even though there is no interaction) and by deselecting it goes back to default state of selecting all customers. As a result, the bar chart does not show the turnover by segment by category for customer A, but rather shows the turnover by segment by category for ALL customers.

Can't seem to fix it with interactions, so was hoping someone could help.

Thanks!

Manu

ManuClaessens
Regular Visitor

Not sure if my question was clear, but would love to have your perspective on how to do it.

Kind regards,

Manu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.