Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

huguest
Advocate II
Advocate II

Bar chart axis to adjust based on slicer

I have a simple bar chart where the x-axis is a Date, and I have a slicer for the user to select the desired Date range.  When I select a date range, the data is only displayed for the selected period, but the x-axis still covers the entire date range of my data model (with no bars for the months that are outside of the selected range).  Can I get the axix to match the date slicer?

*I can uncheck the "Show items with no data" to kind of achieve that but there are instances where I have months with "0" within the selected range and I would what those to appear on the axis.

Thank you!

dateslicer.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danno
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi, If you are using a Calendar table in your model, with values that extend beyond the range of data you have, and you use the data from the calendar table on your axis, then the range of dates on the axis will depend on whether you have 'show items with no data' checked.  If you check 'show items with no data, then the complete date range will be included, if you uncheck it, it will show just the range of dates for which you have data.   You can still see the values which are 0 on the chart, within the date range selected, even if you de-select 'show items with no data.  It shouldn't hide dates on the axis which have zeroes. 

Let me know if this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
danno
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi, If you are using a Calendar table in your model, with values that extend beyond the range of data you have, and you use the data from the calendar table on your axis, then the range of dates on the axis will depend on whether you have 'show items with no data' checked.  If you check 'show items with no data, then the complete date range will be included, if you uncheck it, it will show just the range of dates for which you have data.   You can still see the values which are 0 on the chart, within the date range selected, even if you de-select 'show items with no data.  It shouldn't hide dates on the axis which have zeroes. 

Let me know if this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.