Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asuajela

Bar and line chart

Good afternoon,

We are exploring all the possibilities of Power BI in order to implement the charts in some of our monthly reports. We would like to have in a same graph years / quarters / months diplayed at the same time. For example, for historical years 2010 - 2016, we would need to show the figures by year, for 2017 by quarter and for 2018 by month and quarter. All the period in the same graph. We would appreciate your support to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
MarcoRotta
Resolver I
Resolver I

In my limited experience, the only way to achieve that in a SINGLE visual/graphic would be to create a calculated column that applies your grouping rule and use that column as a dimension. Not sure if I could make the idea clear in my sentence.

Regards.

asuajela

Good afternoon,

We are exploring all the possibilities of Power BI in order to implement the charts in some of our monthly reports. We would like to have in a same graph years / quarters / months diplayed at the same time. For example, for historical years 2010 - 2016, we would need to show the figures by year, for 2017 by quarter and for 2018 by month and quarter. All the period in the same graph. We would appreciate your support to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

asuajela

Good morning,

We are exploring all the posibilities of Power BI charts in order to implement them in some of our monthly reports. We would like to have in a same graph years / quarters / months diplayed at the same time. For example for historical years from 2010 - 2016, we would need to show figures by year, for 2017 by quarter and for 2018 by month and quarter. All figures in the same bar or line chart. Thanks in advance for your support

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.