Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TiagoLopes
Frequent Visitor

Bar and line chart - relationship between tables

Dear all,

What I want to do:

I have several tables with Data. I want to have a graph to show (bar=value) from table 1 and (line=value) from table 5 s have a 'Date' field and 'Value' field.

I want to have a line and column chart where I can see the relation of the 2 'Values' for the same date.

One of the problems is that this 2 tables don't have a direct relationship between them.

If I do the 2 graphs separatelly I will have:

2 graphs.PNG

It's basically ok, I can't just combine them.

Both Tables have this format:

tables format.PNG

In Power Bi as first step I am doing Query so I can display data Month by Month. 

Problem is that I will not have Unique values on column A anymore, so I will not be able to create a Many to One relationship anymore!

Looking at my current relationship I have the following:

Relationship 1PNG.PNG

Table 2= main table - I have no 'Date' field on that table. In table 2 I have the relation between 'A PN' and 'B PN'.I have many 'A/B PN' in table 2.

Table 1 = I have Unique 'A PN' and the sales month by month. Problem is that it will not be unique anymore after Query. So I cannot do Many to One relationship between 2-1.

Table 3 = I have unique 'B PN' and the relation with 'Tool'. Tool is not unique. I have different 'B PN' with same tool

Table 4 = table just to show summary relation between 'B PN' and 'Tool' (this is already in table 3). My current one to one relationship is 'B PN' to 'B PN'

Table 5 = Finally I have the same 'Date' as in Table 1. Each tool as a different value for each month (previous table), but again after Query I cannot do Many to one relationship between table 4 and 5.

How can I manage this relationships or what should I do to get the graphic I want ?

Hope it is clear, if not please let me know.

Thank you for support.

Tiago

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@TiagoLopes 

You may use Append Queries (Table.Combine) in Query Editor or UNION Function (DAX) to create a new table.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@TiagoLopes 

You may use Append Queries (Table.Combine) in Query Editor or UNION Function (DAX) to create a new table.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TiagoLopes
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Someone can support?

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.