Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar Graphic or Table with calculated fields

I have a table that contains hundreds of numeric fields, and a lot of them are percentual values but in 0,50 format, so I need to multiplicate it by 100 always I add it to my bars, but it seems like they don´t have options like that. So I ask you if exist some options to do that, because I dont want to do a lot of measures because it will make that my program crash or go so so slow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I end up doing it, so I will explain how if someone has a similar problem.

First, you go into Edit Query, duplicate the table in which you have the information, next you do a Text Filter in the "Crude Names" field, to only have the "Yield" information in your new table, because It is the information that we want to recalculate.

Second, you need to select all the numeric fields, and click in this option:

po1.PNG

In this panel:

po2.PNG

So you obtain this estructure:

po3.PNG

The "Porcentaje" field is what i want, and it is a calculated field = "Valor" field * 100

I swear this would help someoneSmiley Wink

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I end up doing it, so I will explain how if someone has a similar problem.

First, you go into Edit Query, duplicate the table in which you have the information, next you do a Text Filter in the "Crude Names" field, to only have the "Yield" information in your new table, because It is the information that we want to recalculate.

Second, you need to select all the numeric fields, and click in this option:

po1.PNG

In this panel:

po2.PNG

So you obtain this estructure:

po3.PNG

The "Porcentaje" field is what i want, and it is a calculated field = "Valor" field * 100

I swear this would help someoneSmiley Wink

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

You could format calculated fields in Modeling->Formatting

8.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of thanks for the help, and what you say is a good idea, but it only allows me to edit the format of the whole field, and what I need is more complex, because I have 200 fields with a crude name and 600 registers with different properties, so what I need is to see in percentual format only some of that fields, so I need a filter to say only are percentual who have in the property the word "Yield", that is so simple in programming languages but in Power BI i see it imposible unless i create 200 measures, what seems crazy and inefficient. But thanks fot the helps anyway.

hi, @Anonymous 

You could filter all the fields that contains "Yield" like this:

4.JPG

But you need to format the fields separately, there seems to be no easy solution.

And could you please tell me if you still have other problems? If not, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of thanks for the help again.

But You didn´t understand my problem, and its my fault because I didn´t send a screenshot of my tables, so here it goes:

tablesEstructure.PNG

So you can see that I need to modify all the crude fields, but only in the Yield registers.

And I can give you the helpful replies, but I didn´t do that because really it doesnt was a helpful replie jajaja, but I give you like in every post u post. Smiley Wink

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.