Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gdxy
Helper I
Helper I

Bar Chart ranking

Hi,

Is it possible to add the rank under each bar? For example, 1 under Rs, 2 under AMA. Thank you.

gdxy_0-1664247981818.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @gdxy 

According to your description , you want to display the rank number in the x-axis of the bar chart. Right?

The X-axis of the bar chart shows the names of the fields we placed, and if we want to show the corresponding rankings additionally, we need to create a new column to represent the relationship between the name and the rank.

(1)This is my test data:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1664259629766.png

(2)We can create a calculated column :

Column = [Name]  & UNICHAR(10)&  RANKX(ALL('Table'[Name]) , CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Count]) , ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Name])),,,Dense)

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1664259667627.png

(3)Then we use this [Column] to replace the x-axis field in the visual.There is no way to achieve line breaks in bar charts.The result is as follows:

vyueyunzhmsft_2-1664259738758.png

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @gdxy 

According to your description , you want to display the rank number in the x-axis of the bar chart. Right?

The X-axis of the bar chart shows the names of the fields we placed, and if we want to show the corresponding rankings additionally, we need to create a new column to represent the relationship between the name and the rank.

(1)This is my test data:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1664259629766.png

(2)We can create a calculated column :

Column = [Name]  & UNICHAR(10)&  RANKX(ALL('Table'[Name]) , CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Count]) , ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Name])),,,Dense)

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1664259667627.png

(3)Then we use this [Column] to replace the x-axis field in the visual.There is no way to achieve line breaks in bar charts.The result is as follows:

vyueyunzhmsft_2-1664259738758.png

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you for your answer, it inspired me to make what I would like to show.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.