Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Judy_S
Regular Visitor

Bar Chart displaying inconsistent results when interact from Table data

Hi,

I found one issue in my bar chart and couldn't figure out why the bar chart displays the different results when I clicked the data from right side of table.

Much appreciate if someone could give me a hint where I went wrong or let me know how I can fit it.

Example:

I clicked right side table data "BULLDOG 1HA", the bar chart shows only BULLDOG's information. see below

No Highlighting.jpg

But when I clicked the second data of "GRIZZLY 1HA",  the bar chart shows the GRIZZLY potion of total with Highlighted value.

With Hightlighted.png

I would prefer the bar chart could display as portion of total with Hightlighted value. 

Hope to get some help here.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Judy_S ,

I haven't found any option allow you do custom on default tooltip to choose which display, maybe you can consider create a tooltip page to use that page as custom tooltip.

Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Judy_S ,

I haven't found any option allow you do custom on default tooltip to choose which display, maybe you can consider create a tooltip page to use that page as custom tooltip.

Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks for your alternative solution, I did tried to used tooltip instead of table. The solution so far looks good for me. Just one question, can we set condition for tooltip to determine when it will be showed up? 

HI @Judy_S ,

>>Just one question, can we set condition for tooltip to determine when it will be showed up? 

Unfortunately, current you can't do custom on it. It will display when you hover mouse on visual graph bars.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Thanks Xiaoxin,

I guess so, so far Power BI still has many limitations when comes with customizations. I've been followed the monthly updates for awhile, the team is building the improvements month by month, so hopefully we can see more useful features come out soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.