Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar Chart Configuring

Is there any way to have a bar chart display this information without it all being crammed to the middle? None of the charts seem to just offer an ordinary bar chart with the bars spread out:

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous Under the Y-axis, you could use the "minumum category width" and increase it to the max level to increase the width of the bars. You would have alot more options if you used the bar chart with an x axis, but that should work.

Also, this requires the latest desktop version as there are new features to adjust the bars in the latest version.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

There's something wrong there. A normal, out of the box, bar chart looks like this.

barchart.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dramus That's how I would like mine to look. Which visualization are you using? Also, I'm only plotting values with no axis or anything. Could that be the cause?:

1.PNG

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Yup. No axis is what's doing it.

Can you put the field you have in the label field well, into the axis field well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dramus that's where it gets a little tricky. I have multiple values listed and I can't use all of them as my axis. Each value is it's own calculated measure. But I think increasing the size of the bars as suggested will suffice.

@Anonymous Under the Y-axis, you could use the "minumum category width" and increase it to the max level to increase the width of the bars. You would have alot more options if you used the bar chart with an x axis, but that should work.

Also, this requires the latest desktop version as there are new features to adjust the bars in the latest version.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors