cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrainey Member

Bar Chart Configuring

Is there any way to have a bar chart display this information without it all being crammed to the middle? None of the charts seem to just offer an ordinary bar chart with the bars spread out:

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Bar Chart Configuring

@mrainey Under the Y-axis, you could use the "minumum category width" and increase it to the max level to increase the width of the bars. You would have alot more options if you used the bar chart with an x axis, but that should work.

Also, this requires the latest desktop version as there are new features to adjust the bars in the latest version.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dramus Established Member
Established Member

There's something wrong there. A normal, out of the box, bar chart looks like this.

barchart.PNG

mrainey Member

@dramus That's how I would like mine to look. Which visualization are you using? Also, I'm only plotting values with no axis or anything. Could that be the cause?:

1.PNG

Super User
Super User

@mrainey Under the Y-axis, you could use the "minumum category width" and increase it to the max level to increase the width of the bars. You would have alot more options if you used the bar chart with an x axis, but that should work.

Also, this requires the latest desktop version as there are new features to adjust the bars in the latest version.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

dramus Established Member
Established Member

Yup. No axis is what's doing it.

Can you put the field you have in the label field well, into the axis field well.

mrainey Member

@dramus that's where it gets a little tricky. I have multiple values listed and I can't use all of them as my axis. Each value is it's own calculated measure. But I think increasing the size of the bars as suggested will suffice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 1,725 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: