Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ghdunn
Helper III
Helper III

Balance Movements visualisation

Hi 

I am trying to show current counts of a metric analysed by stage but also show movements from one stage to another.  Can anyone suggest an 'out of the box' approach?  This is the sort of thing I am after. The particular look and feel is not vital but the concept of showing how things have changed is the key.

Let me know if any ideas!

Ged

Stage Analysis.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ghdunn ,

Based on your description, still not certain what does the values in the circle represent and your expected output. Seems need more information about this issue for further discussion. You can consider sharing some sample data.

Sample data and expected output would help tremendously.
Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @ghdunn 

For these kind of visualizations my first choice is below chart marked as 1. The formatting pane gets the result but in different lines. which can be hierarchial.

pranit828_0-1598115453146.png

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @ghdunn ,

You could visualise this using a waterfall chart. You would use the standard values section as your stage totals, then use the breakdown section for the intra-section movements. Won't look as cool as your example, but it will show all the elements you require and it's an out-the-box visual.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@BA_Pete 

dohh!  i should have mentioned i had considered waterfall but wanted something closer to the picture

definitely one to fall back on though, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors