Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Backlog issue

Hi all,

I got an issue for the backlog in my report.

So let me introduce my issue and I hope you will have some ideas to helps me.

In fact, I have a table in my PBI report with calculated columns that calculate the backlog for each day but the table don’t store the data because it’s a daily calculate.

aaa.png

Morevover I have a “Historic” table with the backlog since 2018 but this table will be not completed in the future.

vvv.png

Indeed, I found a solution to merge the “Historic” table and the backlog of the day but my issue is that every day the backlog of the day before is deleted.

Firstly I tried to schedule an incremental refresh but this doesn’t work…

Thank you in advance for your answer.

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

I have a little confused about your requirement. What do you want to achieve?

In addition, incremental refresh is for Power BI Premium, please check if you have purchased the Premuim.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

The data sources of my report are  2 excel files :

• « 11 fichier à plat en cours »

aaa.png

This table is daily generated, in fact every day this table change.

There is 6 columns calculated : Report Date/Modification Date/SP_Backlog_L1/ SP_Backlog_L2/SP_On_Hold_by_L1/ SP_On_Hold_by_L2

-              Report Date and Modification Date are just a today function (because this table is calculated every day)

-              SP_Backlog_L1 = (if('fichier à plat en cours'[Status]="Redirected";if('fichier à plat en cours'[Group en charge]="2CM-EU-R9-TDM-BO N1";1;0)))+(if('fichier à plat en cours'[Status]="New";1;0))+(IF('fichier à plat en cours'[Status]="TDM In Progress N1";1;0))

After have created these columns (SP_Backlog_L1/ SP_Backlog_L2/SP_On_Hold_by_L1/ SP_On_Hold_by_L2) I created a sum measure for each columns to have the backlog of the day.

• Historic

vvv.png

This table is an excel extract of a QlikView report but in the future this report will be delete so this is just to keep the historical data.

My issue is that we want to keep the historical data and add the daily value calculated by the other table.

I can do it for one day (the 27/02/2019 for example), so I got the historical data and the 27 February row from the other table.

bbb.PNG

To build this KPI I created this measure :

Test backlog L1 = IF (SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Calendrier'[Date]) < TODAY(); SELECTEDVALUE ( Historic[Backlog L1] );[Sum backlog L1])

However, tomorrow 28 February row will replace the 27 February row.

So, I try to find a way to avoid this.

Moreover I use a Calendar table.

Cordialement / Regards

Luca BOROME

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors