Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

viveksasi94
Helper I
Helper I

Background shape overlapping visuals when published

Hi Datanuts,

I have a background shape with two visuals in it (to highlight the visuals). When I publish the report on the web, if I click on the empty space of the background shape, the shape is overlapping the visuals inside it. This is really annoying for the users. Is there any workaround for this issue.

Note - Visual Header is OFF for the background shape

Any help would be grateful 🙂

Vivek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @viveksasi94,

Sorry for the delay. 

By my tests, I have no other better idea than to adjust the size of the visual inside to just fill the entire shape so that you won't click into the blank space of the shape.

Untitled.png

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Ragnarock1982
Frequent Visitor

Just saw this and I've done something similar. . .

However, if you use a 'Button' rather than a shape and just have no 'action' on press, but rather make it go 100% transparent on press, then users will not notice they have clicked it as it will become transaprent and the underlying data/visuals will 'become' visible.

Also make sure to 'Send it to back' so that when not clicked the other visuals are visible.

Only a work around, but it worked on mine Smiley Happy

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @viveksasi94,

Is your scenario like the image below? 

sample.PNG

If it is, I'm afraid that is the default behaviour.

If I misunderstood your scenario, please share the screenshots of your scenario so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Looks like this is same as my issue. So there is no workaround for this?

Thank you for your response 🙂

Hi @viveksasi94,

Sorry for the delay. 

By my tests, I have no other better idea than to adjust the size of the visual inside to just fill the entire shape so that you won't click into the blank space of the shape.

Untitled.png

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

didn't help me unfortunately. my visuals that are in the shape wont react when pressed on, even though they I put them ON TOP of the shape, the shape jumps on top of them as soon as they're dragged in! any workaround here? i tried with a button but the same problem.

That's how I too fixed it for now. 😄

Thank you @v-piga-msft.

Have a nice day

Hi @viveksasi94,

If you have solved your problem, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.