Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Background picture

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you have any tips for the background pictures (Pages settings) in your Power BI Desktop reports.

The pictures I import usually do not really fit (too light or small). When I "adjust" my picture so It can fill the whole page, it turns out to be really ugly.

After a few tests, I realized it may come from the weight of the picture which has to be superior to 400 - 500 KB.

Problem : you cannot sort on the weight of the pictures on google images (Can you ?) but only colors, pixels... And it is not that easy to find heavy pictures which would fit.

So how do you do to have beautiful report with pictures fully integrated in the background?

Thanks a lot :]

Power BI is amazing !

3 REPLIES 3
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have one that works perfectly but, to be honest, our graphics team created it for us. It is 1920X1080 and is a png image. Total file size is 63.9 KB. I use the option to fit the image and it works perfectly once I turn off the backgrounds on my tiles.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

What is your Page Size set to? And does it still look good when you change the Page Size? Could it be a vector image?

Page Size.png

Hi thanks for your replies. I fixed the problem.

By the way, i notice that the "dynamic" page size has disappeared in the latest update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.