Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rodlovely
Regular Visitor

Background colors set in a matrix visual do not publish

I have created a Matrix visual with background colors set up using Rules in Advanced Settings for Background colors.  Works fine while I'm in Desktop.  But the background colors do not display in the published version:

Matrix Visual Background works fine in DesktopMatrix Visual Background works fine in Desktop

Same Visual after publishing as it looks in the web version of PowerBISame Visual after publishing as it looks in the web version of PowerBI

Is there a way to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I deleted and re-created the visual, re-published again and it worked.  Go figure.  Used exact same everything.  I still have a copy of the offending visual if MS wants to take a closer look at it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rodlovely,

In my test, the conditional formatting for background and data bars are displayed correctly, the same as that in desktop.

1.PNG2.PNG

What desktop version did you use? Have you tried to log into service with a different web bowser? Did this problem occur any report or just this specific report? When you share this report with others, can they view correct colors?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm publishing from the 64 bit October 2018 release of PowerBI Desktop.  I'm experiencing the same issue on both my laptop and my desktop computers.  I've logged into my work provided account on app.powerbi.com using both Edge and Chrome. 

2018-11-05_07h12_31.png

No matter how I've done it the results are the same (no background colors in the matrix visual). 

There are no data errors - all up to date before publishing.  There are about 146000 records in the datasource. There are up to 54 records displayed in the 2 column matrix visual - The Overall Average column is a measure.  I tried publishing with only 1 record in the matrix but that had no effect.

I deleted and re-created the visual, re-published again and it worked.  Go figure.  Used exact same everything.  I still have a copy of the offending visual if MS wants to take a closer look at it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.