Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Background color variation in conditional formatting of cells other than Excel

Hello everyone

I'm trying to get a table in PowerBI to format the background color in a table based on the sum of values. It works, but the color variation looks very differentnet than in the same table in Excel. The Excel table has a much wider range of yellow and orange colors "between", while the PowerBI is almost entirley green or red. However, it should work the same way because the scale on both is red-yellow-green. Any idea how to change this?

Thank you!

שאלה לpowerBi.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous I see what you are saying and I don't think you have the option to control the colors in this case, but you can surely use other options for conditional formattings, like rules or color from the field.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

It is showing the correct color level based on the minimum center and maximum value. 

If you want different color shading, you could choose Format by Rules. or Field value. Then you will get control on the level of color shading.

Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-table-formatting

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

@Anonymous I see what you are saying and I don't think you have the option to control the colors in this case, but you can surely use other options for conditional formattings, like rules or color from the field.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.