Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EricB

Back or Undo in the BI Query Editor?

Is there a Back or Undo feature in the BI Query Editor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

You can use the APPLIED STEPS feature as a form of back/undo as it captures every transform you make by adding a step which you can delete if required.  This doesn't help in every situation.

If you are editing in the Advanced Editor then you can ctrl-z like you can in most text editors

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anahita
Frequent Visitor

This can be an interim solution while they add undo to query editor! 🙂
In Power Query Editor go to Home/Advanced Editor
There you see the row for #”Removed Columns” = ...
Find the column you want back and delete it from there
Click done
P.S. credit of this solution goes to my mentor Thomas Grogan
shah_nawazzz

I'm also facing these issue.

Applied Steps can help but not at all the places.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

You can use the APPLIED STEPS feature as a form of back/undo as it captures every transform you make by adding a step which you can delete if required.  This doesn't help in every situation.

If you are editing in the Advanced Editor then you can ctrl-z like you can in most text editors

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Unfortunately while making some modifications on a step in the middle I let is add a step to view some errors. It deleted the rest of my steps after it. No way to get them back without backing out of the PBIX file and going back to an earlier one. 😞

Query editor needs a true undo or at least an option to close it without saving the changes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not much help for you now I imagine, but if you have the autobackup feature on at least you can limit the damage to the last 10m or so 😉
Good luck.

It is unbelievable that there is no Undo button. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.