Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lee_a
Frequent Visitor

[BUG/GLITCH?] Relationships from Calendar Table glitches out Date Fields in Fact Table

Hi, 

I'm experiencing a weird issue that I need help with. 

In my Fact Table, I have two fields which are both formatted as "Date" type and format: "Doc Date" and "Payment Clearing Date

Screenshot_1.png 

The issue I'm having is that whenever I create a relationship from the "Date" field in my Calendar Table to either "Doc Date" or "Payment Clearing Date" fields in my Fact Table, that date field is no longer recognized fully as a "Date Type" field. 

As shown in the picture above, currently I've linked the "Date" Field in my Calendar Table to "Doc Date" and note in the picture below, the Calendar Icon no longer displays, however it continues to display for the "Payment Clearing Date" field.Screenshot_3.png

If I switch the relationship to connect to "Payment Clearing Date" the issue will then be on that field, and "Doc Date" returns to normal but then "Payment Clearing Date" has the issue. Screenshot_7.png

This issue causes PowerBI to no longer detect the connected field as a "Date Type" field in when used in certain measures I have. The field only behaves as expected when not connected to my Calendar Table. When no relationship exists between these tables both date fields return to normal. Screenshot_8.png

Not sure if the issue exists with connection to any Date value or just this Date value in this Calendar Table. I don't have any other ways to test this. 

All three fields fields have the following Date Type under the modeling tab. Screenshot_4.png

This is the relationship setting

Screenshot_5.png

This is what all Date fields in my Fact table look like in the Transform tab of Query Editor:

Screenshot_6.png

Has anybody had this issue before?

Thanks

AL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lee_a
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I found the solution in this post here. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-Relationship/td-p/321105

I think think the need for this work around is kind of inefficient. Maybe this can get streamlined in a future update. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lee_a
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I found the solution in this post here. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-Relationship/td-p/321105

I think think the need for this work around is kind of inefficient. Maybe this can get streamlined in a future update. 

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

They are still date fields but I think that symbol is to do with the automatic Time Intelligence settings that are switched on. If you go to File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Data Load there is a setting called Time Intelligence. Switch it off as if you already have a date lookup you don't need it and it just makes your pbix files bloated. I have just switched it off from one of our pbix files and it reduced the size from 130Mb to under 100Mb.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.