Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

BI for Hololens 2

I'd like to use BI on the Hololens 2 but it doesn't seem to be available.  Any ideas when this will arrive on the software store?

Thanks

Derek

27 REPLIES 27
JensKlöker
Helper I
Helper I

I'm also having similar issues. In my case I installed the Hololens as organizational device in our test tenant. In our productive tenant, as of now, I can't add devices due to organizational policies. So what I want to do, is to log on the HL2 Windows with my test account. But as soon as I want to log in to the Power BI app I want to use my real organizational account for having access to the reports shared with me. Any ideas how to reach that goal?

I want to clarify my question a little bit. What I need is the possibility to sign in to the Power BI Hololens 2 App with a user which is not the windows user currently logged on. Is there a way to do it?

I haven't found a way to do it...  So I reset my lens and used my company account and now I'm stuck on "Loading Artifacts from Power BI"...

I created a Support Case at MS yesterday. Let's see what they can offer in order to login to the app with a different user.

Waiting 40 minutes or even 10-15 minutes for loading a report is also not acceptable and does not match with the glossy marketing videos which promoting the Power BI App on HL2.

Hi @JensKlöker 

Do we have any update on this matter by any chance?

Or you still have to wait much time to load the reports?

I am considering to purchase the device, but need to consider this as a significant disadvantage. 

Still, no update @Gaussiana,
until now, the HL2 couldn't be added as organizational device in our organization. I need to wait until this works before doing another test. It figured out, that it is not possible to login to the Power BI App as different user, so the Windows user is taken in the background automatically for logging in to the Power BI Service.

yeahpi! I do agree with you that this is not acceptable.

I've also sent this feedback to MS. This time to open is a big barrier to start using the HL2.

Cheers,

João Martins,

Hey PrestonMiller,

How much time does it spend on the loading?

I've seen that this is very linked with your internet bandwidth.

On the tests that I've done, in a place with a shared wifi, it took more than 40min and didn't load. When I moved to another place with fewer users connected to the wifi, it took like 10-15min to open.

Best Regards,

PrestonMiller
Regular Visitor

I still get the spinnng wheel and "Login failed" when I try to run PBI on my HL2.  I've tried a number of things like uninstall/reinstall but still no luck.

Hello PrestonMiller,

Just a silly question: are you using the same user to login in PowerBI Service and to Log In in Hololens v2?

Also, I'm not sure what is the license you have to have to proper use the App on HL.

Cheers,

João Martins

Hi João, yes, I am using the same account as on PC, and I do have a pro account through my organization.

Oh I see,

Thus I would throw a request to PBI App Team or Hololens team.

It seems to be a bug with your account/Hololens settings.

Ok, will do.  I can bring up Edge in HL2 and open my PBI workspace/reports/etc. no problem.  Do you have a specific email in mind I could send details to?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for sharing your experiences.

I'm in charge of testing power BI on hololens 2.

This morning I finally downloaded the app. But after logging in , I had an empty screen.

Having the same issue. The screen is blank. 

Update 1: Uninstalled the app and reinstalled after it was announced in Ignite. On opening the app I can see that there has been an update as I can see the new splash screen and animations but after it shows "loading artifacts from power bi" it crashes and when I open the app again I see the same blank screen with a text "Microsoft Power Bi"

Power BI App for mixed reality now available for HoloLens 2

Same issues here - blank screen, Just tried to download the app as it should have been released according to Microsoft at Ignite.  But I wonder if it is the same old version still appearing in appstore since is not working ?  Have any got this to work that you could share some information on here? 

It’s out now. Thanks Microsoft!

Have you already tested @Mike237548  ? Is that working nicely? Have you just downloaded the app from the Microsoft Store into Hololens v2 ?

Yes I downloaded it directly to HL2 from the Microsoft store. The app opens into a fully immersive experience however mine just keeps loading and on the bottom it says "login failed" even though I haven't been presented a login menu yet. If anyone gets further please let me know. 

thanks everyone! 

Hello team,

I've been able to use it today. The reports are in a "belt" and you can place them wherever you want. They refresh within a 3min delay from the original report on the Service.

The biggest problem from my perspective is that we're not able to interact with the report. So, we cannot change any filter or use any kind of bookmark we might have to interact with the data.

That will be a nice upgrade from Microsoft if we could do that and also store the same Report with different filters on different places.

Cheers,

João Martins

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.