Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

BI doesn't read LookUp Value from SharePoint

Hello team,

I have SP list called MY DATA with 3 fields (ID, Name, and My Impacts).  My Impacts is a Lookup type (Allow multiple Values), which look up from another list.

I import MY DATA to BI, but the My Impacts field doesn't show data, but a table, and I couldn't expand it to get the data.

What is the issue and solution here.? Thank you

table.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

No sure why you cannot expand it, it should hold an ID for the item in the other table. You will need to load the other table unless you know what the ID's mean.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Have you tried to click the following icon to expand the table? Is there any error message?

b3.png

Best Regards

Allan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
andreaperolo86
Regular Visitor

Hi, you can use OData Feed (with URL for the SharePoint "http://siteurl/_vti_bin/listdata.svc" ) instead th standard SharePoint data connection, in this case you'll be able to see all Lookup values in the MyImpacts Table. 😉

Andrew

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Have you tried to click the following icon to expand the table? Is there any error message?

b3.png

Best Regards

Allan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-alq-msft Thanks for your response. I tried but it didn't allow me to do that. I read some articles and noticed that BI doesn't look Lookup type in Sharepoint.

I found the solution for this. it  didn't load the Lookup value but it loaded the ID associated with values. I need to import the original data first. Then create the connection between 2 tables. Next, write an ELSE IF function to bring the values that associated with ID.

Thanks

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

No sure why you cannot expand it, it should hold an ID for the item in the other table. You will need to load the other table unless you know what the ID's mean.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.