Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ColinWilce
Frequent Visitor

Azure Map Visual Selection Control Bug?

Hi

I think I've found a bug with the Azure Map Visual's selection controls feature.

When making a selection, I get data points that are outside of the selection I've made. After doing a bit of playing around it seems to be related to the edge of the map, when your selection goes over the edge.

Here's what I mean:

I have world wrap applied:

ColinWilce_1-1636002800320.png

using the circle selection you can see the issue best where the selection is somehow inverted, it looks like there is a similar issue for all selection types:

ColinWilce_0-1636002737997.png

Upon further investigation it might be related to the edge of the world map as shown here (this is showing Azure Maps with the World Wrap selection off):

ColinWilce_2-1636002920648.png

Hope this makes sense.

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ColinWilce ,

Sorry, I have little experience in this.

You can report your problems here, which is a more focused on azure map forum.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/topics/azure-maps.html?page=2&pageSize=15&sort=active&filte... 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @V-lianl-msft 

I've reported the issue there as well,

Azure Maps Selection Controls Bug? - Microsoft Q&A

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.