Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Azure Map Advanced Selection Controls Missing

Hi All,

We have lost the ability to use the travel time, radius etc filters in the Azure Map visual as of today (14th July 2021).

Has anyone else experienced this issue or is it a specific issue to our tenant / setup?  Security perhaps?

Thank you in advance,

Marc

@Admin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Did you update Power BI Desktop to the latest version? I had a problem when I used the May version. I updated it to the latest version and it can be displayed normally. The functions you mentioned can also be used as usual.

vyangliumsft_0-1626413460997.png

This is my current version of Power BI Desktop:

vyangliumsft_2-1626413513483.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yangliu-msft ,

Can you confirm this feature works with your version of Power BI Desktop?  Could it be possible we all have a setting which is incorrect?

Thank you,

Marc

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yangliu-msft ,

I forgot to mention, these are the advanced selection controls... which seem to be missing from your screenshot too.

They were released in March: Power BI March 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Kind regards,

Marc

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yangliu-msft ,

My version is set to auto-update and is indeed on the June version:

mmahmood_ivc_0-1626419446750.png

This happens in Power BI Service too...

Thank you for your reply though.  I'm surprised not many more people have experienced this.

Kindest regards,

Marc

lpetty421
Advocate I
Advocate I

I also have the selection tools issue.  Also, all of a sudden, I see an error about the Longitude Latitude values not being valid.  But the values are correct.  In fact, the exact same report was working a few weeks ago.  And now it is not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed the incorrect Longitude / Latitude message for the first time too...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also tested this on my personal laptop and it looks like the features are missing from the Azure Maps to filter by the selection tools...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.