Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

idof
Regular Visitor

Azure Enterprise Connector for PBI Desktop vs. the content pack

I've successfuly used the Azure EA content pack to create reports and dashboard in the Power BI Service (web).

I'm now trying to connect Power BI desktop to the Azure EA billing through the EA connector.

When I connect to the EA, I get a list of months to select from, and each months results in a separate table.

This behavior is quite strange, since it requires me to re-create the report for each month, and I cannot easily do cross-months query. Even if I do a "union" between the tables (haven't tried this yet, so not sure if this will work), I'll still need to edit the report each month to include the new table for the current month.

When using the content pack in the web interface, I can see all the months in a single table, and it gets refreshed automatically when new months are available.

Is there a way to reproduce the content pack behavior in the desktop tool? without this, the EA connector is quite useless for us.

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@idof

Since this is the source data structure issue, we can't do too much on Power BI side. We can only add a column for tagging each month and append those "Monthly" tables together like you said. And it's not possbile to directly import the content pack data into Power BI Desktop. I suggest you post your feed back on Azure forum. 

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.