Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matpj
Frequent Visitor

Azure DevOps Open Bug Trend

Hi there,

I'm sure this must have come up countless times but cannot seem to find anything.

I am using PowerBi and I want to plot a line graph showing the number of open bugs each day or week over the past year.

Is there a particular anaytics view I need to create for this?

has anyone achievied something like this in the past.

Ideally it would also show on the same axis - count of open and count of closed  per day/week etc.

can anyone provide some guidance here please?

Regards,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @matpj ,

You can refer to the links:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/report/sql-reports/bug-trends-report?view=azure-devops...,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/report/powerbi/sample-boards-openbugs?view=azure-devop....

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

matpj
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Amy,

they are useful links.

one of them is pretty close to what I wanted to do - but different in that I want the number of currently open bugs as a trend, with the count of opened and closed represented as a bar chart.

I guess they could be lines also - but they are more distinct values (opened/closed).

However, if I use a simple analytics view for this - I have to filter it based on open states (to show the outstanding line) which means I don't then have the count for each day of those opened and those closed

any further ideas?

thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you eer find a fix for this?  I have tried several things, even using an analytics report with only bugs and story history for the last 30 days and it still doesn't graph correctly.  It shows stories opened much longer than 30 days ago which defeats the purpose since I want to know, how many were "opened", "closed" and what remains "not closed" on any give day in the last 30 days.

anyone got the solution. ? Appreciate if you could share. I am also looking for plotting charts in Power BI using the analytics bug history data from Azure DevOps. Basically, a Total Inflow, Total Outflow, Open bugs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.