Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arc25301

Azure Cost Management Connector not available

Hi, I would like to create some reports for our EA using the Azure Cost Management Connector as described here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-azure-cost-management. Unfortunately, I'm not able to use the Azure Cost Management Connector - It is not listed in the Azure section in PBI Desktop. I'm using the latest PowerBI Desktop Version (Version: 2.75.5649.961 64-bit (November 2019)). I tried it on another machine - but with the same result. The Connector is not available. My Company blocks access to the Win10 Marketplace - is it possible that I need access to the marketplace in order to get the connector running? Regards Joachim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arc25301

Solution is pretty simple. We are using a proxy with authentication. Seems that the Installer is downloading additional files  (ACM Connector) during installation and can't handle a proxy with auth enforced. You don't get any warnings or error messages during installation process - seems like everything is ok. But it is not! The User should be informed about that.

After I rerun the installer with no proxy enabled, the connector was installed!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
karthikkeyank
Frequent Visitor
arc25301

Solution is pretty simple. We are using a proxy with authentication. Seems that the Installer is downloading additional files  (ACM Connector) during installation and can't handle a proxy with auth enforced. You don't get any warnings or error messages during installation process - seems like everything is ok. But it is not! The User should be informed about that.

After I rerun the installer with no proxy enabled, the connector was installed!

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arc25301 ,

Is this problem solved?

Best Regards,

Icey

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arc25301 ,

I have tested on my side, and the connector is just there. My test Power BI Desktop version is 2.75.5649.582 64-bit (November 2019), which is not the latest and not installed from Microsoft store. What about one old version after March 2019? Please try it.

azure.PNG

If the issue is still there, and you are a pro user, not trial, I suggest you to create a support ticket to get further help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.