Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sremene

Azure Cost Management : Balance Summary

Hello,

I recently started using the Azure Cost Management connector for Power BI ti get some Azure consumption data for my EA. I'm getting the following mistake when trying to retrieve the data form the table "Balance Summary":

This is what i do :

I enter my EA and I specify that I want to recover the last 12 months

But I recover only the last month as you can see in the following screenshot.

Annotation 2020-05-02 152648.png

I have this problem only with the table "Balance summary". No problem with other tables like "Usage detail".

I want to clarify that I do not have this problem with the old connector "Azure Consumption Insights (Beta)"

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, I specified 3 months, but only current month returned. Might be a good idea to log a call with Microsoft and ask if they can fix the Balance Summary for Azure Cost Management connector for Power BI . 

As an interim measure append the data in Power BI for each month so you have history for 12 months. 

Bahneby
Frequent Visitor

@sremene, did you solve this problem?

Hi Bahneby,

No. I think the problem is not with PowerBi but with the Microsoft Azure Billing API. I opened a support ticket but it's last one didn't help much. I'm still using the old API for now.

Stéphane

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.