Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pjandliz
Advocate II
Advocate II

Azure Connection

I have a number of PBI dashboards each using Azure analysis server cubes and up until today they all ran fine.

Today, I try to open them and I get the following error message "Windows authentication isn't supported in DirectQuery mode for this data source".

I don't use a DirectQuery for my dashboards, and a colleague has been able to open one of them without problem.

My PBI Desktop version seems to have been updated to Dec 2020, whereas my colleague is still using Nov 2020 so I suspect there is some problem with Dec 2020.

It's very frustrating and I don't seem to be able to find a way to revert back to the Nov 2020 version.

I'm hoping someone can help with a solution soon. Thx Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi v-easonf-msft

I followed amitchandak's advise and posted this in the issues site and got a workable solution.

Thanks for posting the links to the Nov version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @pjandliz 

Yes, I saw your post on the issue, I am glad you got the solution.

Azure-cube-connection-issue 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @pjandliz 

Can the import dataset worked well on your side and be able to create the report without errors?

If you want to get the old version of Power BI Desktop, please check this document:
Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop 

Select the following links to download this earlier version:

If you still have no idea about your problem, you can open a support ticket with MSFT to seek technical support , usually they will have better suggestions.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi v-easonf-msft

I followed amitchandak's advise and posted this in the issues site and got a workable solution.

Thanks for posting the links to the Nov version.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.