Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-dalaso
Regular Visitor

Azure Blob Table Load Issue: Hits 2.6 GB then Resets back to 0 MB and starts over.

SO, had a request to make a simple grab from a large Table stored in Azure Storage.  A previous version of the table only worked if I had a version that had already been loaded into Desktop, but that's likely because the data was too large (every login since October 2016).  We now have only a few months of Logins.

The issue is this: I grab the data table in Query Editor, and everything is fine.  When I hit close and apply, `Apply query changes` runs from a few MB til about 2.6 GB, then resets back down to a few MB and starts over.  Never finishing.

What could be causing this behavior?  Is there a way to partial-load (or only load the preview data) and do the analysis, then let the web version do the real load?  What sort of work-arounds exist for this behavior?

4 REPLIES 4
lkshck
Helper III
Helper III

Having the same issue. After around 2.6GB I'm getting the following error. Is it more an issue of the Azure Table Storage? Because If i'm grabbing data from other sources there isn't any issue with 10GB+.

lkshck_0-1646931321984.png

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @v-dalaso,

You were attempting to loading a large dataset from Azure Blog storage into desktop, right? This would affect the report running performance and also would cause error when you try to publish a file that exceeds size limitation. As yo umentioned, you should filter dataset.

azure table storage Data size limit

Visualise your Azure Table Storage data with Power BI

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yeah, the data limit is an issue, but Desktop will usually load it anyway then give you an error when you try to upload; I'm trying to figure out why it won't load in Desktop at all.

v-dalaso
Regular Visitor

Update: It was fine if I filtered it to a single day, which is not particularly useful, but still.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.