Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

h2022
Frequent Visitor

Axis Lines in Quadrant?

I currently have a "magic quadrant" where my scatter plot is split into 4 quadrants using the mid-way point of the axes (possible scores are 0-15, so mid way is 7.5 which doesn't change), and also the average of the values (which is obviously dynamic as I add new values to it). Both are technically "correct" I'm just wondering if anyone knows which way is generally perferred or considered a better representation? Is there some kind of "rule" that should determine how the quadrants are divided? Depending where I place the reference lines, items will move in and out of the quadrants so I'm just trying to think of what makes the most sense. Thanks in advance.

h2022_0-1651773505978.png

3 REPLIES 3
h2022
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the response! (Funny enough I also speak Portuguese 🙂 I also was leaning towards the average, especially because the dots are not eventually spaced throughout the quadrants... using the mid-point there are almost no dots in the top left, but using the average it includes a few more. From what I have read and seen it seems to be a preference/logical thinking of what makes sense but wanted to see if anyone else had any opinions. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico feliz por ter ajudado! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I've been there and found the usage of Average of the values to be easier and better in terms of analysis.

Here's mine (apologies for the Portuguese names):

Parreirao2_0-1651774299245.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.