Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Daniel_B
Helper II
Helper II

Axis Label of centre of column chart - no centre alignment option

Hi All

Is there any reason why my axis labels won't align with the centre of my columns?

I've tried all the formatting methods I can think of and even checked to see if it was due to the size of the chart but nothing seemed to bring them into alignment

Oddly, 1 measure appears to be offset to the left and the other to the right so they are almost joined in the middle

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
vitorpbarbosa7

I'm facing the same issue

vitorpbarbosa7_0-1615423442143.png

linkosal
Regular Visitor

An old topic, but I ran into the same problem. The bars are not aligned, as actually for each label there are two bars, but the other, being zero height, does not show. The solution is to switch from "Clustered column chart" to "Stacked column chart".

Anonymous
Not applicable

This fixed for me. I'll say this should be accepted as solution.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you provide a picture of the issue? 

The axis labels should align by default if they can fit under the column. If your labels are too long you should try to use the stacked bar chart instead.

/ J

Connect on LinkedIn

Issue.JPG

I don't think they're too long (could be wrong) as I've got other axis titles of a similar length and I tried to copy their settings but that didn't work either

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Do you have a legend in that chart? 

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi, I am also facing same kind of issue.
yes, I am having legend . Is there any solution to fix the column in center. 

pragathi_0-1655103850026.png

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you have a legend you should be able to solve this by changing the chart to a stacked column chart. How does it look if you try? 

/ J

Connect on LinkedIn

No, no legend on this one - it won't let me add a legend for the relevant fields/measures for some reason (forgive me, I've only been working with Power BI for about 3/4 weeks)

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Daniel_B,

Could you possibly take a picture of your chart containing the same information as I'm posting below?

image.png

What you're experiencing is really strange so i'd really like to figure it out!

Br,

Johannes

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi @Daniel_B ,

I cannot reproduce your issue.

Could you please share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any confidential information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.