Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markando
Frequent Visitor

Avoid travelling one specific filter between two tables

Hi!

Ive got two tables on my report with customer sales

The first one is a list of sales during current month. The table itself is filtered by a calculated column I have in my datetable (CurrentMonth = Yes). I have alot of different measures in the table to show various data of what has happened during the month. 

The second table contains the same customers but a long trend showing the sales for the last twelve months (customers in rows and accountingperiod in columns). This is only one measure which shows sales per month.

When i filter on a customer in table 1 I would like table 2 to be filtered aswell to the same customer and showing the long trend. Filter to customer works fine, however it would seem that when I have the currentmonth in the visual filters at table1 it will travel on to table2, and thus only showing the last month in my series (current month). 

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this? I have tried doing ALL(calender(currentmonth) in the measure at table2 without result. Also added currentmonth to the visualfilter in table2 with = ALL, not helping

I guess I could hardcode all my measures in table1 to avoid the visual filter alltogether, but sometimes its alot easier to use this method so I'm curios to see if you guys have any solution to the problem. 

filter1.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Markando,

I tested on my side with below sample tables.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

I created two table visual whose data are both from Table1, then, I add a visual level filter for one of the visual.

4.PNG

From above screenshot, the filter applied to first visual won't affect the second one.

In your scenario, please check whether you applied any filter to second table, including slicer, visual/report/page level filters. If possible, provide more details so that I can try to replicate your scenario.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi V-yulgu-msft!

Thanks for your response

See attachment for an example where i have replicated the scenario. The tables look the same so its kinda wierd, but probably because I use "real" dates and Power BI then think its smart to keep the filter. 

https://ufile.io/fn83h

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.