Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Avoid Bookmarks from Resetting The Page

Hello,

I'm trying to build a dashboard where the user can navigate to change between charts like this

aidelsrkk_0-1629707455945.png

So the user can choose either to show Revenue, OPEX or PAT and the blue box will change accordingly. For this one I use bookmark method where I set for each of the button.

The problem is, for example, when user change the month and year filter, and proceed with clicking the button, it will reset the filter. I know this is because of the bookmark, where it will revert to what I set as "Update".

Is there any other way to avoid this reset issue from happening? Or is there any other method that I can use to change between charts other than bookmark?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Samarth_18 . I was thinking about this solution too but right now the sheets are already overloaded this is not the only filter that i'm going to use. theres a lot more.

but its okay, i think i have found the solution. i discovered this filter

aidelsrkk_0-1629710172559.png

i can set only selected visuals that can change, so it wont affect my month/year filter.

thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samarth_18
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can follow below approch to avoid it:-

1. You can create a 3 seperate page for revenue,opex,PAT and their respective visual on it. 

2 To identify which page are you on, you can highlight their respective button.

3 Now add action as "Navigation" instead of "Bookmark" and select page accordingly.

4. Before publishing to services hide other page so user will not see it as multiple pages.

Thanks,

Samarth

Best Regards,
Samarth

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Connect on Linkedin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Samarth_18 . I was thinking about this solution too but right now the sheets are already overloaded this is not the only filter that i'm going to use. theres a lot more.

but its okay, i think i have found the solution. i discovered this filter

aidelsrkk_0-1629710172559.png

i can set only selected visuals that can change, so it wont affect my month/year filter.

thank you!

@Anonymous Checking Selected Visuals and disabling Data should do the trick.

I`m using the same approach here for the visual switches - https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMjdiMmRhYTctMTdjNy00ZWFlLTkzMTMtNjUwNTVhM2FhOGQwIiwidCI6IjQ2NTRiNmYxLTBlNDctNDU3OS1hOGExLTAyZmU5ZDk0M2M3YiIsImMiOjl9&pageName=ReportSection476fdb8f7aa19d425888

Indeed, This approch will also help. I thought you have already tried it. Anyways, great your problem got resolved. 🙂

Best Regards,
Samarth

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.