Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aidelsrkk
Helper II
Helper II

Avoid Bookmarks from Resetting The Page

Hello,

I'm trying to build a dashboard where the user can navigate to change between charts like this

aidelsrkk_0-1629707455945.png

So the user can choose either to show Revenue, OPEX or PAT and the blue box will change accordingly. For this one I use bookmark method where I set for each of the button.

The problem is, for example, when user change the month and year filter, and proceed with clicking the button, it will reset the filter. I know this is because of the bookmark, where it will revert to what I set as "Update".

Is there any other way to avoid this reset issue from happening? Or is there any other method that I can use to change between charts other than bookmark?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you @Samarth_18 . I was thinking about this solution too but right now the sheets are already overloaded this is not the only filter that i'm going to use. theres a lot more.

but its okay, i think i have found the solution. i discovered this filter

aidelsrkk_0-1629710172559.png

i can set only selected visuals that can change, so it wont affect my month/year filter.

thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samarth_18
Super User
Super User

Hi @aidelsrkk ,

You can follow below approch to avoid it:-

1. You can create a 3 seperate page for revenue,opex,PAT and their respective visual on it. 

2 To identify which page are you on, you can highlight their respective button.

3 Now add action as "Navigation" instead of "Bookmark" and select page accordingly.

4. Before publishing to services hide other page so user will not see it as multiple pages.

Thanks,

Samarth

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Connect on Linkedin

Thank you @Samarth_18 . I was thinking about this solution too but right now the sheets are already overloaded this is not the only filter that i'm going to use. theres a lot more.

but its okay, i think i have found the solution. i discovered this filter

aidelsrkk_0-1629710172559.png

i can set only selected visuals that can change, so it wont affect my month/year filter.

thank you!

@aidelsrkk Checking Selected Visuals and disabling Data should do the trick.

I`m using the same approach here for the visual switches - https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMjdiMmRhYTctMTdjNy00ZWFlLTkzMTMtNjUwNTVhM2FhOGQwIiwidCI6IjQ2N...

Indeed, This approch will also help. I thought you have already tried it. Anyways, great your problem got resolved. 🙂

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 24 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Ted's Dev Camp - July 28, 2022

Watch Session 24 of Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors