Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Avg of Column - Not Calculating Correctly

Working with Individuals.pngI am trying to do a simple visualization with the average of each of the values for each attribute.  I noticed that when I filter my data for working with individuals, the total is 5.4 and dividing that by 18, I should show 30%  and my visual is showing 18%?   Can you see what I may be doing incorrectly?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcastr02 ,

You are using stacked bar chart visual according to the screenshot you provided , where the average value are calculated by dividing the total value of each category by the amount of that category. For example , calculate the average value of "working with individuals" data in your scenario , the total value of this category is 5.4 , assuming that the amount of this category is 18 , then the average value should be 0.3 (5.4/18 ) . As for why the value you got is incorrect , I'm not sure if is caused by the data or some filters applied affect the calculation result . If it is convenient , could you please provide your PBIX file with sample data ?

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it dividing by the entire list of sttributes rather than just the one you have selected?

JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hmm is it just me or are you having 22 rows? Manually calculating results in an average value of 0.2454 so I expect there is something other funny business going on in your dataset. I see for example a lot of errors in you Value column? 

Is it possible to share your pbix? (you can share via PM if you don't want to share publicly).

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.