Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

newpi
Helper V
Helper V

Avg calculation showing unselected rows & their blank values

I'm using an avg formula to calculate the avg of avg. It may not be the best way but that is the requirement at the moment. My problem is when I select a group of users out of a larger group, it is also showing me other users but with all blank values except in the group avg column. My data looks like below:

User nameTotal HoursTotal DaysUser Avg hours/dayGroup avg Hours/day
U 18187
U 230567
U 3   7
U 4   7
U 5   7

Group Avg Hours/Day = 

CALCULATE(AVERAGEX(ALLSELECTED('Tabel Name'[User Name]),[Avg Hours / Day]))

U1 & U2 are part of group A which I'm selecting though a slicer.
Avg of group A is (Avg hours U1+ Avg hours U2)/2

I want my table to not show other users which are not a part of this group (U3 to U5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@newpi , Need to try like

CALCULATE(AVERAGEX(values('Tabel Name'[User Name]),[Avg Hours / Day]))

or

AVERAGEX(summarize('Tabel Name','Tabel Name'[User Name],"_1",[Avg Hours / Day]),[_1])

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@newpi , Need to try like

CALCULATE(AVERAGEX(values('Tabel Name'[User Name]),[Avg Hours / Day]))

or

AVERAGEX(summarize('Tabel Name','Tabel Name'[User Name],"_1",[Avg Hours / Day]),[_1])

@amitchandak The second formula works great.

However, If I apply it to a line and stacked column chart, it is showing me individual averages instead of team avgas my columns value has indvidual avg.  Attached screenshot. Blue line is the avg which should be 7.07 for both in this case.Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.02.52 PM.png 

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newpi ,

You can modify the measure like this:

Group avg hours/day =
VAR tab =
    SUMMARIZE ( ALL ( 'Table' ), 'Table'[User name], "_1", [User Avg hours/day] )
RETURN
    IF ( NOT ( ISBLANK ( SUM ( 'Table'[Total Hours] ) ) ), AVERAGEX ( tab, [_1] ) )

avergae.png

Attached a sample file that hopes to help you: average.pbix

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@pranit828 the table I showed in my example is the output and except Total hours, all other columns are DAX measures. So can't use Average or ALLEXCEPT in this case. 

@amitchandak Would you be able to help here with the Column line and stacked view and the average formula?

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @newpi 

Group Avg Hours/Day = 

CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Tabel Name',[Avg Hours / Day],ALLEXPECT('Tabel Name','Tabel Name'[User Name])))

Did I resolve your issue? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!

Regards,
Pranit

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.