Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Avg. Weekly Run Rate

Hi All,

Side note: I haven't worked a lot with PBI and therefore don't have that much experience with DAX.

I created a measure in which I calculated the average weekly Run Rate:

Avg. Weekly Run Rate Nieuw Contract =
VAR WeeksWithSales = CALCULATE( MAX( Process_Date[Week] ); FILTER( ALLSELECTED( Process_Date ); [Nieuw contract] > 0 ) )
var CumulativeTotal = CALCULATE( [Nieuw contract (**bleep**.)]; ALLSELECTED( Process_Date ) )

RETURN
DIVIDE( CumulativeTotal; WeeksWithSales; 0 )

When plotting this into a graph it works perfectly fine, however when I slice the date (for example showing only week 14 till 26 (Q1)), it calculates the run rate based on the last week with sales (actually, logically like I calculated in my measure with MAX). However, I want it to calculate only the weeks with sales (for the dates I sliced), instead of the last week with sales.

How should I formulate my measure? Or what am I doing wrong?

Hope you guys can help me with this 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I fixed it myself by just substracting de amount of weeks that were used in the first quarter. Tried SUM, AVERAGE(X), didn't work for me. Maybe has to do with Process_Date[week], when filtering Q2, it works with the weeknumbers instead of calculating the weeks. Therefore substracting with a higher amount then it should. By substracting Q1 (13 weeks) it divides by the right amount. Same trick next quarter. 

VAR WeeksWithSales = CALCULATE( MAX( Process_Date[Week] ); FILTER( ALLSELECTED( Process_Date ); [N] > 0 ) ) - 13
var CumulativeTotal = CALCULATE( [Nieuw contract (cumulative)]; ALLSELECTED( Process_Date ) )

RETURN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Research the code generated by Quick measure Rolling average and try using AVERAGEX.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft Can you still help me? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I fixed it myself by just substracting de amount of weeks that were used in the first quarter. Tried SUM, AVERAGE(X), didn't work for me. Maybe has to do with Process_Date[week], when filtering Q2, it works with the weeknumbers instead of calculating the weeks. Therefore substracting with a higher amount then it should. By substracting Q1 (13 weeks) it divides by the right amount. Same trick next quarter. 

VAR WeeksWithSales = CALCULATE( MAX( Process_Date[Week] ); FILTER( ALLSELECTED( Process_Date ); [N] > 0 ) ) - 13
var CumulativeTotal = CALCULATE( [Nieuw contract (cumulative)]; ALLSELECTED( Process_Date ) )

RETURN

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it's me, but I don't really understand what you're trying to say here? 

I tried using AVERAGEX instead of MAX, however this didn't work.

Could elaborate more please? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors