Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

darko861
Resolver II
Resolver II

Averagex based on filter condition

Hi all,

I'm trying to calculate the average of a column (measure Rev_per_hour_1) from a visual table that has a filter applied on the column Rev_per_hour 3 (measure). Unfortunately, my measure ignores the filter which is applied on Rev_per_hour 3 and does not give me the desired result based on the Customers that are displayed in the table. I get 2,725.26 which is the average from all of the customers, but I only want to calculate the average of the visible customers in the table below, which should be 3,438.31

I have a second filter applied to the table as well, column Billed_Agr_Hours (from the Table PivotTable).

The measure that I have used for the average is 

Average Rev 1 = AVERAGEX(VALUES(PivotTable[D2021_Foeretag]),[xxx_rev_per_hour1])

How can I tweak the code above to only calculate the average of the visible customers in the table?
Your assistance is much appreciated.

darko861_1-1629908837592.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
darko861
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

I managed to solve this issue by altering the measure that is in bold text:

Average Rev 1 = AVERAGEX(VALUES(PivotTable[D2021_Foeretag]),[xxx_rev_per_hour1])

The measure should look like this: 

xxx_rev_per_hour1 = IF([xxx_rev_per_hour3]=BLANK(),BLANK(),DIVIDE([xxxrev1],[xxxrev1.0],BLANK()))

And you will get the desired result.

darko861_0-1629918267147.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
darko861
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

I managed to solve this issue by altering the measure that is in bold text:

The measure should look like this: 

xxx_rev_per_hour1 = IF([xxx_rev_per_hour3]=BLANK(),BLANK(),DIVIDE([xxxrev1],[xxxrev1.0],BLANK()))

And you will get the desired result.

darko861_0-1629918267147.png

nvprasad
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Could you please try with below dax.

=CALCUATE(AVERAGEX(VALUES(PivotTable[D2021_Foeretag]),[xxx_rev_per_hour1]),KEEPFILTERS(customernamecolumn))

Appreciate a Kudos! 🙂
If this helps and resolves the issue, please mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Regards,
N V Durga Prasad

Hi,

this does not work, it gives an error

= CALCULATE(AVERAGEX(VALUES(PivotTable[D2021_Foeretag]),[xxx_rev_per_hour1]),KEEPFILTERS(PivotTable[D2021_Foeretag]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.