Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

setis
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Averages only for latest

Dear all, 

I need to calculate the average amount days a case has been open. I have the Open and Resolved date and I added the number of days with a calculated column (I'm not sure if this was necessary). So far so good. 

When I calculate the average from that column with:

AvrgCaseDaysOpen = AVERAGE(CaseResolution[DaysOpen])

the total value that I'm obtaining is not correct. The problem is that the Case ID are not unique, since a case can be resolved more that once.

I need the average if the CaseID repeats, only for the latest "ResolvedOn"

average.PNG

I tried:

Measure = CALCULATE([AvrgCaseDaysOpen];
                   FILTER(CaseResolution;MAX(CaseResolution[ResolvedOn])))

but the result is the same.

Could somebody give me a hand with this, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Maybe try making a conditional column that returns the latest resolved date for that particular case number across all instances of that case number in the table (forget the whole syntax you'd probably need to wrap the max statement you had in an allexcept on your case column), then compare it to the resolved date in each particular row - that'll flag those which aren't the latest on that case, which you can then filter on to make your calculations right?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Maybe try making a conditional column that returns the latest resolved date for that particular case number across all instances of that case number in the table (forget the whole syntax you'd probably need to wrap the max statement you had in an allexcept on your case column), then compare it to the resolved date in each particular row - that'll flag those which aren't the latest on that case, which you can then filter on to make your calculations right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.